Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Subaru Outback Buying Experience

I was trying to buy a new 2013 Subaru Outback over the weekend. I didn't like the price much but maybe it is not too bad.

I went to IRA Subaru in Danvers, MA. From my experience and from my friends' experience they do not bargain. They give you a price and they stick by it. Here is what happened.


The vehicle I was looking at had an MSRP of $27865. The so called invoice price was $26551. IRA offered my $1500 below invoice - $25051. See the attached page.

I am confused - if the invoice is what the dealer's cost is then how can they sell it so low?

I went to Clay Subaru in Norwood, MA with that invoice and of course they said they would beat IRA's offer by $200.

I did not buy either of the cars and I don't know what to do? Am I getting a good deal?


A copy of the invoice:

1 comment:

  1. What did you end up buying, then? I understand your hesitation about offers that sound too good to be true. I think that’s pretty smart of you to not jump into it right away. I hope you’ve found yourself a good deal in the end. Good luck!

    Diana Hayes @ Baldwin Subaru

    ReplyDelete